This action alters an existing child custody or support order and is based upon a substantial and continuing change of circumstances. For example, should, a year after a child support determination has been made, the paying parent receive twice the income as that parent received when the determination was made (while the income of other parent remained the same), then either parent could ask the Court to modify the child support payments to contemplate the present financial circumstances and the child’s needs. If you are seeking to modify or defend against a proposed modification of a custody or child support determination and desire legal counsel to assist you, then please contact us.